Page 54 of 406  [ 6086 posts ]  »
October 17th, 2011, 3:51 pm Top

:wallbash:

#

October 17th, 2011, 4:46 pm Top

#

October 18th, 2011, 5:25 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Its festival season… Jet Airways is using Boeing 737 to cater high demand… :thumbup:

Profile YIM 

#

October 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm Top

Dear All,

I had just booked my tickets in Jet Airways to Madurai. The flight to Madurai from Chennai has very high fares on 23 - 25th October, which shows that all the seats are full in all flights in these days. However, they are still offering low fare tickets in chennai-Madurai sector in all the other days ( i.e. is in between 19 - 22 October 2011) and they had even decreased it Rs. 300. This could be due to the flight change from ATR72 to Boeing 737. More over, Among the daily three flights, they are operating two of them with Boeing 737. The night flight is still with ATR72. Hope if the demand rises, they might even change the night flight to 737. This is a very good proof to show that Chennai-Madurai sector is always an profitable sector. I am really happy for Madurai as it get more attention from Airlines companies. With the same attention, i am looking forward to an international destination from our airport. Fingers Crossed..

#

October 18th, 2011, 8:45 pm Top

It's a good news that Jet Airways is using 737s. But, it could be just for the Diwali holidays. If it is beyond that, it's really a great news.

#

October 20th, 2011, 2:54 pm Top
Esteemed Member

மதுரை விமான நிலைய விரிவாக்கத்திற்காக நிலங்களை கையகப்படுத்தும் கலெக்டர் உத்தரவுக்கு ஐகோர்ட் கிளை இடைக்கால தடை விதித்தது. மதுரையை சேர்ந்த வெங்கடாச்சலம் உட்பட ஆறு பேர் தாக்கல் செய்த ரிட் மனு: நாங்கள் அரசு போக்குவரத்து கழகத்தில் பணிபுரிகிறோம். சிலர் ஓய்வு பெற்று விட்டோம். போக்குவரத்து கழக தொழிலாளர்கள் 250 பேருக்கு வீடு கட்ட பெருங்குடி அருகே வீட்டு மனை 1990ல் வழங்கப்பட்டது. விமான நிலைய விரிவாக்கத்திற்காக இந்நிலங்களை கையகப்படுத்த 2009ல் கலெக்டர் உத்தரவிட்டார். இதுவரை நிலங்களை அதிகாரிகள் கையகப்படுத்தவில்லை. எங்களுக்கும் வீடு கட்ட அனுமதி மறுக்கப்படுகிறது. எனவே கலெக்டர் உத்தரவை ரத்து செய்ய வேண்டும். விசாரணை முடியும் வரை இடைக்கால தடை விதிக்க வேண்டும், என தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டது. மனுதாரர் சார்பில் வக்கீல் கனகராஜ் ஆஜரானார். நீதிபதி ஆர்.சுதாகர், ""நிலங்களை கையகப்படுத்தும் கலெக்டர் உத்தரவுக்கு இடைக்கால தடை விதித்து,'' உத்தரவிட்டார்.

Profile YIM 

#

October 20th, 2011, 11:50 pm Top

Quote:
Air Asia, the designated low-cost airline of Malaysia, is planning to start operations in India [ Images ], and is awaiting guidelines from the government on the proposal.

"We were earlier contemplating charter services to India. But after Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee [ Images ] announced the 'open sky' policy, we are weighing the option of starting scheduled low-cost operations in the country," said Haridas Pillai, senior director, operations, Air Asia.

Pillai added that formal talks with the civil aviation ministry would commence once the government issued clear guidelines on the open skies offer.

Pillai said the airline was looking at south India as a lucrative market, and was keen to start flights to Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, Madurai , Hyderabad, Bangalore and Delhi.

Source: http://www.rediff.com/money/2003/nov/13flight.htm

8 years ago, Air Asia at first showed their interest to start their service from Madurai only... But lack of facility in Madurai airport loose that opportunity to Trichy... :wallbash: WE CANT LOOSE NO MORE TO TRICHY! Awake ... Awake... We have to fight for our rights...

#

October 22nd, 2011, 10:36 am Top

Madurai District Tiny and Small Industries Association urged Chellappa to create basic infrastructure facilities for opening a large scale industry in the district. In a memorandum presented to him, the members including President V.S.Manimaran,and Secredtary K.S.Serma Pandian also asked Chellappa to construct a permament exhibition centre in the city. They also urged him to work for setting up an internationational airport in Madurai.

http://ibnlive.in.com/generalnewsfeed/n ... 72204.html

#

October 24th, 2011, 3:46 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Quote:
(...) SriLankan plans stepping up frequencies and launching direct flights to China for example where the airline has weekly flights, via Bangkok, to Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong. By November, SriLankan plans to fly direct to at least two of these destinations. There would be more points to India and increased frequencies too, he said. (...)

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/111023/Busine ... /bt01.html

Can they consider Madurai as their new point?

Profile YIM 

#

October 24th, 2011, 7:11 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Source: http://www.aai.aero/traffic_news/jun2k1 ... icnews.jsp

Profile YIM 

#

October 24th, 2011, 7:17 pm Top
Esteemed Member

^^ For the first time, Madurai airport name has been removed from domestic airport list and added to customs airport list in August month passenger traffic report data.

http://www.airportsindia.org.in/traffic ... annex3.pdf

Profile YIM 

#

October 25th, 2011, 12:05 am Top
Supreme Member

Cool Sundar sir.. 8-)

But their Pictursque representation Map showing Madurai still under Domestic airport.. :wallbash:
Somebody can lodge a complaint on the same and mail them to add IXM under customs airports in their map.. :shock:

#

October 28th, 2011, 12:01 am Top

I have been reading this topic “Madurai airport” for last 1 year. I used to get wonder :!: :!: :!: every time that how you people are up-to-date about our airport. I am really proud of all the members who are giving their regular updates about our airport from the beginning . Especially the people like sundar, Madurai gilli, awardcity, templecity, sivamdu, madurai are really superb and great!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

So far I have not given any updates about this topic as you people are always more updated than me. But today I wanted to write something after seeing Mr.sundar’s comment about srilankan & Mihin airlines..

I wanted to ask all of you… are you people are really awaiting for updates from srilankan airlines? why are you considering srilankan airlines as an airline? I was under impression that now a days most of our people are not considering srilankan airlines for their travels. I have seen many many tamilians here in middle east countries they (including me) do not :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: travel by srilankan airlines even if they offer 50% less fare than other airlines. we have a strong faith that this is the only way we can show our opposition against srilankan government :bash: :bash: :bash: . Our intension is Srilankan airlines should stop all their Tamilnadu destinations & later Indian destinations due to poor passenger load factor.

But I surprised :-o :-o :shock: :shock: to see here – our Madurai people are waiting for srilankan airlines updates!!!

My dear friends, please avoid srilankan airlines… their entire operations to Indian destinations should be stopped . We have lots of other options. As a Tamilian / Indian / Normal human being whatever you say - let us show our unity please... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

:thanks:

Samy
Madurai to Theni - Via Aundipatty

#

October 28th, 2011, 10:46 am Top

http://www.airportsindia.org.in/traffic ... annex4.pdf

I am surprised to see 63 tons of cargo movement in one month from Madurai airport. :thumbup:

#

October 28th, 2011, 10:49 am Top
Esteemed Member

^^ WOW!

Profile YIM 
 Page 54 of 406  [ 6086 posts ]  »