An exclusive forum to discuss about Madurai City...

• Trip Report & Flight spotting at Madurai (IXM)

• All About Madurai's Rail, Road & Air Transportation
All About Madurai's Rail, Road & Air Transportation
 #5349  by madurakarenda
 May 31st, 2012, 5:22 pm
Hi guys, was planning to start flight spotting and clicking a few days back and posting them in a new topic of the above name. Now, I have started doing that with SpiceJet's induction of second Delhi flight. (If the name don't seem good, please suggest some in Suggestions to AAM topic).

Share pictures of the flights that serve Madurai Airport in this thread (Adding flight number on the sides of the Aircraft will be very much appreciated).
 #5350  by madurakarenda
 May 31st, 2012, 5:38 pm
Here comes our new warrior :) The second Delhi flight to Madurai via Chennai (The SpiceJet buses were doing multiple trips from the Terminal to the Aircraft and they deployed another (not of SpiceJet) bus also). The new Delhi flight is also a hit. This route deploys the aircraft with code VT-SPQ.

Few seconds prior to landing :

Getting ready to take off by coming to the end :

Few seconds before take off :

#5351  by madurakarenda
 May 31st, 2012, 5:42 pm
Guess some SpiceJet big head came to inaugurate in a Charter flight. See the flight code VT-LMW.

#5352  by madurakarenda
 May 31st, 2012, 5:53 pm
We noticed another flight that stood for more than 1 hour (don't know till when it was there) and was as below (I don't know whether it is a 9W also because the flight was very very far so that I could not zoom very close and hence lost clarity). Standing nearby is the charter I posted above.

Behind that is the blue color building which has industry type fans (updated by Madurai Gilli) whose size was okay to store inside a Q400 or ATR. I have some close pics also which I shall post in IXM topic for discussions on that.
 #5355  by Malaysia Mustafa
 May 31st, 2012, 9:51 pm
madurakarenda wrote:Here comes our new warrior :) The second Delhi flight to Madurai via Chennai (The SpiceJet buses were doing multiple trips from the Terminal to the Aircraft and they deployed another (not of SpiceJet) bus also). The new Delhi flight is also a hit. This route deploys the aircraft with code VT-SPQ.
VT-SPQ was registered in India on 07-02-2011. It is a leased aircraft from Virgodell Limited, Ireland.
madurakarenda wrote:Guess some SpiceJet big head came to inaugurate in a Charter flight. See the flight code VT-LMW.
Madurai/SSC has answered that it belongs to Coimbatore based Lakshmi Machine Works. Moreover the registration VT is the code allocated to India. All the aircraft registered in India starts with VT along with three other alphabets.
 #5461  by madurakarenda
 June 11th, 2012, 8:22 am
Jet Airways ATR 72-500 (Pictures Copyrights reserved by Madurai of SSC forum).

#5462  by madurakarenda
 June 11th, 2012, 8:25 am
TVS's Sundaram Fasteners Limited has a small chartered flight it seems and as below (Pictures Copyrights reserved by Madurai of SSC Forum).

Thanks to sssrs for the Embraer charter clarification :)
 #5738  by madurakarenda
 July 2nd, 2012, 6:42 pm
Today, Me and Sundar went to Madurai airport to spot the newly inducted IXM-COK ATR flight. Below are the pictures. The guy came 5 minutes late and cleared the place at 15 minutes late than scheduled time. It is time for the pictures. :)

Some seconds before landing :

Very few moments before landing :

Going to the end of the runway for taking off (Notable words in the livery -> Air India - Regional) :

One more :

#5739  by madurakarenda
 July 2nd, 2012, 6:48 pm
The 4.55 p.m 9W flight was also spotted today.

A few seconds prior to landing :

A very few moments before landing :

The 9W and AI new flight standing nearby each other :

That is it for now guys :)