An exclusive forum to discuss about Madurai City...

• Job Prospects in Madurai for NRI.

• In and around job opportunity of Madurai
In and around job opportunity of Madurai
 #4434  by karthikraja_143
 April 8th, 2012, 5:30 pm
Hi Madurai,

This is Karthik from Muscat. I have born and brought up in chennai now past four years working in Muscat. Currently my family shifted to Madurai.

I am just wondering, whether I can get good job in Madurai for accounting filed or not? Currently I am working as a Senior accountant in Travel industry. Will Madurai has bright future in travel industry? Bcoz,this is involves investing property in Madurai etc. Since, our ancestors from Madurai, I have been kneen to settled in madurai but, thinking of job opportunities in Madurai, I have to think twice to before taking any decision.

Somebody can enlighten me about opportunities to getting job in Madurai, list of highest paid employer etc.,

Thanks in advance :-)
 #4442  by madurakarenda
 April 9th, 2012, 8:59 am
^^ Hi karthick. Welcome to AAM. Great that your family shifted to Madurai. Madurai is a big tourism destination in TamilNadu next only to Chennai and has many great tourism attractions around like Kanyakumari, Kodaikanal, Rameswaram, Tiruchendur, Tuticorin and many local tourism places around which will be a very very big list. You may not get a very high pay as you get in Muscat but you can very well get a good job here and work at the comfort of your home. Assuming that you have four years of experience, you could very well get a good job here (but i don't know much about the accounting field). But Madurai is still a developing Tier II city only and not very developed as Coimbatore is (But the cost of living is less than that of Coimbatore and has very good opportunities as Coimbatore has in Industries, but since you have asked about Tourism industry, Madurai is a biggie with great Tourism activities going around here). If you are concerned about job in Tourism industry, don't have a second thought.

Thanks.