All About Madurai Now AAM on your Mobile

All About Madurai » General / Members Zone
 Members meet - SSC and AAM and Photo trips reports

Username: Remember Me?
Password:

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ] 
February 13th, 2012, 11:37 pm Top
Esteemed Member

In this thread, we could post pics and reports of meets that are held and also Photo trip reports (In words, in a consolidated manner). But, the pictures taken in the photo trip could be posted in the corresponding threads as usual.

Thanks.

#

February 13th, 2012, 11:39 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Guys, after the short meet that held yesterday between Ananth sir, Mustafa and Me yesterday @ British bakery near Periyar BS, we had a short meet today and the meet was attended by Ananth sir, Sundar sir (sundar_amu) and me @ Hotel Madurai residency. We had a nice talk mainly over the airport issues and planned some actions to be carried out in the future for about 90 minutes.

The below are the photos of our meet. I have sent the non watermarked ones to their personal mail-id's as well.

Left - Ananth sir and Right - Sundar sir

The addition to the above two is me in the extreme left now

Thanks for Mustafa, Sundar sir for both the meets have turned to be successful ones and a special thanks to Ananth sir's efforts to make himself available for the meets in the midst of his personal commitments.

#

February 14th, 2012, 9:47 am Top
Esteemed Member

^^ It was the wonderful meeting. I always love to hear and discuss some ideas with senior people. Mr.Ananth is having more information about past 25 years of Madurai's history and how we peoples were cheated by these SG & CG. Special thanks to MK for providing such a great opportunity. :thumbup:

Profile YIM 

#

February 14th, 2012, 6:41 pm Top
Supreme Member

Sundar wrote:
^^ It was the wonderful meeting. I always love to hear and discuss some ideas with senior people. Mr.Ananth is having more information about past 25 years of Madurai's history and how we peoples were cheated by these SG & CG. Special thanks to MK for providing such a great opportunity. :thumbup:

Yeah, I too got info from him which i never heard about. It was very nice to meet him.

#

February 21st, 2012, 9:48 am Top
Esteemed Member

Guys,

Yesterday (20.02.'12), me and our somewhat silent forumer Shyamnath executed a photo tour (planned this last week well a week before) around the suburbs of Madurai according to the following map. I had already collected details of industries around Madurai and we planned the photo trip accordingly. We roamed about for around 315 KMs :omg:. We started at 9.30 a.m and went toward Melur first and followed the map as shown below.

We roamed for this distance and we planned for a meet with forumers Shreevathsan (ilikemadurai) and Sundar sir (sundar_amu) at Milan'em mall, KK Nagar. The pictures are as below. I will be sending the non watermarked images to their personal mail id's and consolidated meet report (the last one and the preceding one) in a few days time. And I will be posting photographs of the industries and updating old entries of the industries thread by adding new pictures as well.

People from the left =====> Sundar, Shreevathsan, Shyamnath (I took the picture).

People from the left =====> Shyamnath, Sundar, Shreevathsan and Me (Saravana kumaran@MK)

Thanks to Shyamnath for a wonderful photo tour and the others for turning up for the meet :thanks:

#

February 21st, 2012, 10:42 am Top
Esteemed Member

^^ It was the wonderful effort by MK & Shyam! Hats off guys!! Eagerly waiting for your photos and update in industrial thread.

Btw, again thank you MK for organizing such a meeting.. I am sure, these small small meeting will turn up into big.

Profile YIM 

#

February 22nd, 2012, 4:28 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Sundar wrote:
^^ It was the wonderful effort by MK & Shyam! Hats off guys!! Eagerly waiting for your photos and update in industrial thread.

Btw, again thank you MK for organizing such a meeting.. I am sure, these small small meeting will turn up into big.

Thanks Sundar sir :thumbup:.

Thanks shyam for the wonderful tour. As most of our people are outside Madurai (abroad and somewhere in India), i learnt that organizing a big meet is a very less possible one. So, we could go for only small meets of 3, 4 people but we would meet more frequently i.e the number of meets would be more per year. This is also an advantage for us. It is a very good sign that some of the less known people of our forums are coming voluntarily for a meet. This would encourage more people to come out and turn up for the forthcoming meets. And I request guys to post your availability in Madurai in the separate topic i have created in our Google group for meetings. I would be finding it a pleasure meeting you guys always!!

Will be adding more industries description and pics to our thread and report will be ready most probably in a week.

Thanks! :)

#

May 20th, 2012, 3:18 pm Top
Supreme Member

How was today's meeting?

#

May 20th, 2012, 5:35 pm Top
Esteemed Member

It was the wonderful meeting. Lot of new faces :)

Profile YIM 

#

May 20th, 2012, 5:59 pm Top
Supreme Member

3 new faces for me. Names of those new faces plz.. :D :D

#

May 20th, 2012, 8:14 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Sundar wrote:

Persons from the left : Mr.Azhagappan, Mr.Meyyappan Ram, Mr.Mahendra Varman, Mr.Krishna Moorthi, Mr.Saravana Kumaran, Me, Mr.Shyamnath

Profile YIM 

#

May 20th, 2012, 11:35 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Posting my report on today's meet :

Me, Gilli and Sundar of AAM (www.allaboutmadurai.com) Forum planned for a meet and invited facebook Madurai group (We have a group by the same name 'All About Madurai' in facebook also to have discussions with the facebook guys) guys also for that. We met today at 11 a.m in Vishaalde and had a great talk. Thanks to everyone who turned up for the meet.

Special thanks to Krishna Moorthi sir who came from Andaman to Madurai on a trip and he met us in the midst of his commitments and also Meyyappan Ram who came from Dubai for his holiday yet turned for the meet. Also Alagappan and Shyam were about to leave to Bangalore today evening. They all turned to the meeting.

As usual meet was great and fun filled (Enna discussion nu lam ketkatheenga paa :D ). Krishna Moorthi sir is a RTI geek (Infact, he drafted around two RTIs for us whose responses are awaited, he is now our mastermind for filing RTIs) and gave me some more points to get information from the Govt ministry and departments and much data on First appeal, etc.

After the meet, Me, Gilli and Meyyappan Ram went to movie 'Raattinam'. :cheers: Movie was not great though. Now time for pictures.

Guys from left : Mr.Azhagappan, Mr.Meyyappan Ram, Mr.Mahendra Varman, Mr.Krishna Moorthi, Me, Mr.Sundar Megaraj, Mr.Shyamnath

I clicked this :

Krishna Moorthi sir explaining RTI tricks and other to our guys :

Sundar sir cliking pictures of our meeting using Tab. Gilli clicked this. ;)

^^ First photo copyright reserved by Krishna Moorthi sir.

#

July 14th, 2012, 5:40 pm Top
Esteemed Member

Now, அண்ணே! ஒரு விளம்பரம்! :D

Madurai police goes virtual

Quote:
The Madurai police has also gone virtual like the district administration. It has launched a community page — Madurai District Police — on facebook to connect with people through social media.

The page started on June 16, almost at the same time that the district administration launched its page, it has not earned popularity because of lack of publicity.

The page gives a detailed description of the law enforcing agency. “We are officers, men and women of Madurai district police committed to making the district feel safe and secure,” it
said.

The objective, superintendent of police V. Balakrishnan said, is to help make the district free from crime and accidents and create awareness among people about the imperative of following traffic rules.

For netizens, the page has also listed the seven sub-divisions — Tirupparankundram, Melur, Tirumangalam, Usilampatti, Samayanallur, Oomachikulam and Peraiyur — and four all-women police stations under its jurisdiction and the functioning of nine special units, including the little known police telecommunication branch.

“The constructive activities taken up by the department for the welfare of the public are being posted on the page,” said the SP.

The police officer urged people to make use of the pages in the social networking site to frankly express their views on various measures taken by them and post suggestions to help the police serve the common man better.

Balakrishnan also assured that action would be taken on complaints posted by them.“I will personally monitor the posts and complaints.

Residents can also send messages through the page about the anti-social activities taking place in the district to help curb crime. Confidentiality of those persons will be maintained,” he said.

Collector on FB spurs civic activists

The Madurai district administration’s page on facebook — Collector Madurai — has woken up the conscience of Maduraiites to turn them into web-based activists.

Choked with complaints, the collector’s page is making civic activists out of citizens. It has opened up an avenue for the people who are wary of knocking at the doors of the offices in the dingy corridors of the collectorate with petitions to pour out their grievances.

Almost a fortnight after its launch by collector Anshul Mishra, 1,292 netizens have liked the page and 601 are talking about it.

Mishra’s initiative has received an overwhelming response, perhaps exceeding his expectation.
“The public are utilising the platform better than expected and the officers are replying to our queries as quick as possible,” said medical student Mahendra Varman. --> our Madurai Gilli :dance:

“The collector is visiting government hospitals and educational institutions and initiating action against buildings violating regulations following complaints posted by the public on the social media. This initiative is a step forward to ensuring transparency and a reliable administration,” said Varman.

The comfort of shooting petitions from home to the collector to bring to light issues in their localities in particular and the district in general has turned many tech-savvy youngsters into civil society activists.

“This is more like officials coming to our houses and collecting petitions and eliminates the need to crowd the collector office,” said Saravana Kumaran, a management student. --> Itzzu me! (MK) :thumbup:

The people also offered a few suggestions. Varman urged the collector to maintain a dedicated blog to help people post specific queries, while Kumaran suggested that the use of the networking site be made compulsory for department officers also so that work is facilitated.

With the collector personally looking into the complaints posted by the users, besides having a two-member team in place, and taking action after verification, the number of online complainants is only growing leaps and bounds.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/channels/cities/regions/madurai/madurai-police-goes-virtual-415

:thanks: to our DC reporter contact who obtained our views on the collector's venture to incorporate into this report.

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]