• Photos and Videos Only

• All About Madurai's Parks, Theme Parks, Multiplexes, Game Zones, Hotels, Tourism etc.,
All About Madurai's Parks, Theme Parks, Multiplexes, Game Zones, Hotels, Tourism etc.,
 #6998  by Sundar
 September 26th, 2012, 5:10 pm
Thanks to the photographer who ever it is. I think, this image was already posted in many sites. Sorry if you are seeing this second time.
 #10711  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 December 18th, 2013, 11:35 am
First we should avoid all the cliches about our Madurai. it would be gross mis-representation of Madurai, if we keep on projecting and publishing only about the Meenakshi Amman Temple, chitrai festival, Madurai malli, jigarthanda , bull-taming at alanganallur etc. sure we do take pride in those historic monuments and the rich cultural heritage. But still , is that all MADURAI is about. We just cannot afford to rest on these old laurels, since a lot more has to be achieved , in this era of high growth. it is also home to the famous TVS GROUP, the WHO endorsed- Arvind eye Hospital, the upcoming fine high rise apartments.. to name a few. should we not be concerned about the wrong depiction / portrayal in the recent wretched Tamil films as Madurai and Maduraiites , being being rustic, surly , violent and sickle wielding. we must condemn this attitude of cinema and other media in mis-depicting Madurai, as it does great disservice to the growth of our region.as concerned citizens we must educate our fellow maduraiites, family , friends , relatives about getting rid of this rampant poster, billboard , flex-digital board , public urination, littering etc which are ugly, unruly, unlawful and distasteful, which aggravate the negative image about our Madurai, in the eyes of the strangers. can't the abministration even consider re-naming the indecent name of "Mattuthavani", to something pleasant. i'am sure these measures will go a long way in boosting the Image of Madurai , among the public.
Jayvjay liked this
 #10714  by Jayvjay
 December 18th, 2013, 1:14 pm
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:First we should avoid all the cliches about our Madurai. it would be gross mis-representation of Madurai, if we keep on projecting and publishing only about the Meenakshi Amman Temple, chitrai festival, Madurai malli, jigarthanda , bull-taming at alanganallur etc. sure we do take pride in those historic monuments and the rich cultural heritage. But still , is that all MADURAI is about. We just cannot afford to rest on these old laurels, since a lot more has to be achieved , in this era of high growth.

I read an article in which ,TNCCI stressed upon the over importance of all heritage & cultural sites in Madurai . Moreover , I hope most of our projects/developments happening are under the tag of HERITAGE/PILGRIMAGE development. We, yet to see a major investment in the form of industries , SEZ .

it is also home to the famous TVS GROUP, the WHO endorsed- Arvind eye Hospital, the upcoming fine high rise apartments.. to name a few. should we not be concerned about the wrong depiction / portrayal in the recent wretched Tamil films as Madurai and Maduraiites , being being rustic, surly , violent and sickle wielding. we must condemn this attitude of cinema and other media in mis-depicting Madurai, as it does great disservice to the growth of our region.as concerned citizens we must educate our fellow maduraiites, family , friends , relatives about getting rid of this rampant poster, billboard , flex-digital board , public urination, littering etc which are ugly, unruly, unlawful and distasteful, which aggravate the negative image about our Madurai, in the eyes of the strangers.

Though people are well aware of that ,we cant able to control the directors right to freedom of expression. A MADITSSIA official told in one of our college meeting that even greatest tamil directors always shown ,showing Madurai as a big village under bad violence prone environment . He advised us to write letters to directors to restrain from such films in future .

Now I'm feeling writing a letter to the Tamil Nadu directors association ,could result some actions .. :?: :?:
As a city with more than 10 lakh population ,we still cannot afford to lose ....

can't the abministration even consider re-naming the indecent name of "Mattuthavani", to something pleasant. i'am sure these measures will go a long way in boosting the Image of Madurai , among the public.
Atlast , the so called 10 Madurai MLA's should speak both in their constituency & to the CM ... : firing: : firing: : firing: