• Places to Hangout

• All About Madurai's Parks, Theme Parks, Multiplexes, Game Zones, Hotels, Tourism etc.,
All About Madurai's Parks, Theme Parks, Multiplexes, Game Zones, Hotels, Tourism etc.,
 #6997  by Sundar
 September 26th, 2012, 5:03 pm
The 28th Ideal Home Exhibition sponsored by Madurai District Tiny and Small Scale Industries Association (Maditssia), is being held at Tamukkam grounds in the city from tomorrow.

The annual fair, usually held during February has been advanced to September, for the first time. According to K.S. Serma Pandiyan, Secretary of the association, the move on an experimental basis is being held to cater to the holiday season and if the response is good, the event would be held twice a year in the future. L. Murari, association Vice-President, said the current edition has been titled ‘Spring fest Ideal Home’ and would feature around 200 stalls in three bays.

The expo will be held from September 26 to October 3. The timings on weekdays is 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., and on Saturdays, Sundays and October 2 (Gandhi Jayanthi), 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/new ... 935658.ece
 #7427  by Madurai guy
 October 29th, 2012, 10:36 am
Went to Vishaal De Mall Yesterday, Huge crowd, People started to shop for Diwali. Good destination for Madurai crowd. 1000s of two wheelers, 100s of cars Marching towards Vishaal De mall daily, No space for parking. :P :P

Newly opened Horror house, already Existing Snow bowling arena, Gaming zone, 7D theatre, food court was crowded. :D :D

Madurai people, Enjoying like anything in gaming zone, especially in snow bowling. Really funny/happy to see aged people playing in gaming zone (As if they have gone back to their child age)... :lol:....

At last, Festive fever spreading in Our city. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Inox Will be opened before Pongal. Emergency Exit construction completed. Waiting for Collector's approval. (Told by an there Employee).
 #7428  by Sundar
 October 29th, 2012, 11:03 am
Madurai guy wrote: Inox Will be opened before Pongal. Emergency Exit construction completed. Waiting for Collector's approval. (Told by an there Employee).
Wow Super!
 #7429  by VijayyMdu
 October 29th, 2012, 1:22 pm
Madurai guy wrote:Went to Vishaal De Mall Yesterday, Huge crowd, People started to shop for Diwali. Good destination for Madurai crowd. 1000s of two wheelers, 100s of cars Marching towards Vishaal De mall daily, No space for parking. :P :P

Newly opened Horror house, already Existing Snow bowling arena, Gaming zone, 7D theatre, food court was crowded. :D :D

Madurai people, Enjoying like anything in gaming zone, especially in snow bowling. Really funny/happy to see aged people playing in gaming zone (As if they have gone back to their child age)... :lol:....

At last, Festive fever spreading in Our city. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Inox Will be opened before Pongal. Emergency Exit construction completed. Waiting for Collector's approval. (Told by an there Employee).
TFS Madurai Guy ! I wonder how the Emergency exit was not planned and got it approved ??? :crazy: Collector didnt approve stating the reason for Insufficient parking spaces (80 Cars) as if the other cinema halls ie Ambika,Priya,Big etc got hell lot of parking space. And the same case with Milan Mall too. These guys wants to screw somewhere and get something. :wallbash: and do spoilsport our development. This kinda attitude they don't show with MC when they don't do their work and vice versa.

Madurai ku nu matum enga irunthu thaan kilambi varaingalo

We should appreciate both Milan & Vishall for bringing the Mall to our city, remember these are owned by our Maduraiites unlike in Chennai or other cities majority of the malls owned / operated by some big Corporate & Binamis of Filthy rich politicians.
 #7432  by Madurai guy
 October 29th, 2012, 4:43 pm
Madurai guy wrote:Went to Vishaal De Mall Yesterday, Huge crowd, People started to shop for Diwali. Good destination for Madurai crowd. 1000s of two wheelers, 100s of cars Marching towards Vishaal De mall daily, No space for parking.

Newly opened Horror house, already Existing Snow bowling arena, Gaming zone, 7D theatre, food court was crowded.

Madurai people, Enjoying like anything in gaming zone, especially in snow bowling. Really funny/happy to see aged people playing in gaming zone (As if they have gone back to their child age)...

At last, Festive fever spreading in Our city.

And one more suggestion to our Maduraites...All types of Electronic Gadgets like Play station, Tablets of all brands, Digi Cameras, Music systems, Laptops, Head phones etc etc, can be bought in offer price in Reliance Digital in Vishaal De Mall.....
:)
I Bought one Tablet with good deal in Reliance digital.......

Dudes, Don't Mistake me...I'm Not promoting Reliance digital here... :wink: :wink: just sharing my views that Reliance Digital outlet is also one of my choice like other Electronic gadgets showrooms in Simakkal area Madurai...

Maduraites....Just have try in Reliance digital outlet...Or else irukave iruku nama Simakkal Area, flooded with lots of Electronic gadget showrooms.... :D
 #7438  by Madurai Gilli
 October 30th, 2012, 12:34 am
VijayyMdu wrote:
TFS Madurai Guy ! I wonder how the Emergency exit was not planned and got it approved ??? :crazy: Collector didnt approve stating the reason for Insufficient parking spaces (80 Cars) as if the other cinema halls ie Ambika,Priya,Big etc got hell lot of parking space. And the same case with Milan Mall too. These guys wants to screw somewhere and get something. :wallbash: and do spoilsport our development. This kinda attitude they don't show with MC when they don't do their work and vice versa.

Madurai ku nu matum enga irunthu thaan kilambi varaingalo

We should appreciate both Milan & Vishall for bringing the Mall to our city, remember these are owned by our Maduraiites unlike in Chennai or other cities majority of the malls owned / operated by some big Corporate & Binamis of Filthy rich politicians.
^^ Vijay, Are you kidding ?

Our recent Collectors Mr.Sahayam IAS and Mr.Ansul Mishra IAS are doing their best for Madurai..We should be lucky enough to get such forward thinking Collectors for Madurai.

We don't need any Malls/Multiplexes violating the LPA Building regulations..Other theaters not having the facilities doesn't mean that the mistakes should be repeated..Let our Collectors do their job perfectly.Feel Pity for your thought that Our Collectors are expecting Suitcases.. :wallbash: Not Only Madurai, the entire State has recognised both the IAS Officers for their straight-forwardness..They need not lean for these silly things.

Malls/Multiplexes may be a big thing for Madurai but they're not the real developments..Our main goal should be Industrialisation & Institutionalisation which can accelerate the pace of growth in our region and bring numerous Malls/Multiplexes to Madurai.

B/w Binami properties-la Vishal mall varaatha ? :lol:
 #7439  by VijayyMdu
 October 30th, 2012, 1:43 am
^^ Vijay, Are you kidding ?

Our recent Collectors Mr.Sahayam IAS and Mr.Ansul Mishra IAS are doing their best for Madurai..We should be lucky enough to get such forward thinking Collectors for Madurai.

We don't need any Malls/Multiplexes violating the LPA Building regulations..Other theaters not having the facilities doesn't mean that the mistakes should be repeated..Let our Collectors do their job perfectly.Feel Pity for your thought that Our Collectors are expecting Suitcases.. :wallbash: Not Only Madurai, the entire State has recognised both the IAS Officers for their straight-forwardness..They need not lean for these silly things.

Malls/Multiplexes may be a big thing for Madurai but they're not the real developments..Our main goal should be Industrialisation & Institutionalisation which can accelerate the pace of growth in our region and bring numerous Malls/Multiplexes to Madurai.

B/w Binami properties-la Vishal mall varaatha ? :lol:
Come on my dear ! I respect them for their Clean habits ! but What these two got to Madurai eventually ????? Parking in city is still a big lul. MC is still the same old inefficient junk. No significant improvement, except the fact i came to know that the corruption level @ Collector office had come down.

Mr.Sahayam was never ready to meet people who propose to meet for any kind of Development. You check with anyone on that fact. His one point agenda was to report to JJ on Hourly & Daily basis. Remember There are two faces for a coin.

Do you know the reason for Traffic diversion arnd Gokhale Road ???

Granite industry is completely lost ! as if SG had no involvement in the past 20 years, Our MADURAI resources been exploited royally and looted for years together. The recent discovery is just a Political agenda and Cosmetic.

Ok i think you should check with industrialists & Business people @ Madurai what they had really got through them. Still Madurai roads are the same with Parking as always an issue.

Then you also don't boast off when Multiplex talks come in. I just said in general. Vishall mall property you can check who owns it.

Don't talk about LPA, If you really see in Chennai there are many new Multiplex had come with the similar arrangement of Parking and they are functioning too. What ? were they sleeping during the Proposal stage ??? what happens if INOX drops it ??? ok not a big deal having lost a Cinplex. But this is how we loose everything. Why they don't consider shopping areas still coming up in and arnd Nethaji Road,South Masi & West masi Streets ??? Is parking available there ???

Only Madurai related projects / initiatives will always have something like this ... RULES ... and other places always have an exemption.

I didnt expect such uneasy reply from you. I always see things from other view point too.

Issue of Vishall Mall,Milanmall,Construction near AV Bridge, One hospital,2 more commercial complexes & totally other 15 Projects are halted. You will hear the actual issues only from the people with pain.
 #7442  by Sundar
 October 30th, 2012, 8:18 am
^^ Sakayam opened very good hotel called ulavan unavagam. This was the biggest achievement to note :D
Like you said, I don't remember he did anything when infrastructure and industrial development are concerned. Now he is in curse of nearly 40000 workers of granite industries.
 #7443  by Madurai guy
 October 30th, 2012, 8:39 am
Sundar wrote:^^ Sakayam opened very good hotel called ulavan unavagam. This was the biggest achievement to note :D
Like you said, I don't remember he did anything when infrastructure and industrial development are concerned. Now he is in curse of nearly 40000 workers of granite industries.
^^

True Sir,

There are still many buildings violated rules in T.Nagar, Mount Road in Chennai. Nothing happen to them. Even Ampa Sky walk faced same kind of issue in Amnjikarai for traffic issue. But now what happened?...Still Ampa mall in Chennai running successfully. What happen to rules to those cities....?....

I don't know why, Every body becoming very strict'tu oppicer'u when comes to Madurai alone...

This kind of rules should be to taken for corrective measures only rather than stopping the whole project....
 #7445  by Madurai Gilli
 October 30th, 2012, 9:53 am
^^ Vijay, take it light.

B/w Helping the Corporates/Industrialists/Businessmen is not the good administration which anyone can do & most of our Indian IAS Officers do..Good administration means the Common Public should get benefits from it.

Both Sahayam & Ansul Mishra are successful in this point. Their reach to our public is enormous which they didn't get by their self-advertisements like placing banners/press releases, as our politicians do.

I don't want to comment on their personalities and frankly I don't know it too.

The ever Biggest achievement they had done for Madurai is E-administration, which broke all the walls between the administrators and the public.

* Sahayam's Thoduvaanam is a laudable initiative and the way, he enlightened the public by immediately attending to their Queries was simply awesome.

* Ansul sir went a step ahead and made himself live at Facebook, that turned most of the youngsters, social-caring. He made Madurai Police also to come live in Facebook, with which a new Confidence has been created among the public. Ansul is trying his best to redefine the Madurai Corporation also, but we all know the difficulties in it, having half-baked and full-baked people as our Councillors, who don't even know the JnNURM and fighting for their shares at Rs.250 Crores Special Fund alloted by SG.

* Madurai Boat Club at Naganakulam was the initiative from Sahayam and It's now washed out due to vested interests.

* Sahayam gave priority for the welfare of Agriculturists & Poor people which makes sense for the real administration.Uzhavan Unavagam was one such initiative and must be encouraged.

* Ansul is worrying for the untapped potential of Madurai's Industrialisation and gave recent press-report that he will extend the possible support to industrialise Madurai.

* I couldn't understand how you're supporting the Granite scams..Collectors intervened only after they found huge violations & their intention is not their personal grudge (or) to stop PRP's business. They were worried about the way, Our Madurai's natural resources getting looted and suggested the govt. that TAMIN should take over it.

Just bcs Other Cities have high-rise buildings violating the rules, We can't expect our Madurai Collectors also to do the same mistake. Please remember 2 of our ex-collectors were involved in the Granite Scam and settled safely, getting their share of Suitcases..Do you think Sahayam (or) Ansul can make more money in permitting the violated buildings than from Granite cases..? Let us be different and be an example for other Indian cities, including the metros.
 #7446  by Sundar
 October 30th, 2012, 10:48 am
^^ Gilli, I am also not supporting the granite scam. But they should consider these workers future and should take step by step actions. Even Government (or Sakayam) can take the control of company for the benefit of workers. Clear example of what I am asking is the steps taken in Sathyam computers issue.
 #7447  by VijayyMdu
 October 30th, 2012, 11:09 am
Helping common public does'nt resist / reserve helping Corporates / Industries or vice versa. Corporates / Industries help common public in employment not this Administrators. Please remember They are just a facilitators.

E-Administration like stuffs happens everywhere in the world, not a big achievement to boast off. He is a Good administrator and his duty to deliver things within his power & responsibility. As i said Every coin has 2 faces You will see only when it is tossed. The need of the hour is entirely different and please don't show off something what you have mentioned is the biggest achievement for a city like Madurai which cries for different kind of attention. Whatever you mentioned can be done by sub-ordinates at 2/3 levels under him.

Praise him if he could do something on bringing companies to IT park ghost building as a senior Administrator of Madurai, ask him At-least
if he has ever paid any visits to such places. Does he know whats happening in KAPPALUR Industrial Estate ???? Had he ever been there ? Can't he resolve Toll plaza issue in Tirumangalam bypass ??? I don't support Granite scam either what i said was the current activity has purely personal & Political agenda to it. You tell whatever approximately 50000 Peoples are lost their livelihood thats what i see as a Person longing for Industrial development of Madurai. I am against his views if my agenda is not met and he is subject to be criticised for not doing any thing.

You know what ? Authorities didnt follow the procedures in PRP case. All was done in a War footing basis violating everything and SEALING of factory is still questionable. I dont want to get into legal point of anything. If they wanted to deal with Granite SCAM they should levy the penalty and freeze the bank accounts and make the company pay what Companies need to pay, make their rules stronger in new licenses. Or encash the BONDS they gave while availing Quarry licenses. (Actual target was to track Durai und PRP got the glitch)

Mr.Sagayam became very violent when PRP un-expectedly triggered a CASTE note about him. I have met almost every collector and had line of interactions except these two who were not willing to spare any time for Progressive discussions (Ok now don't question me when did you try i gave a REPORT pointing our various needs). Mr.Jawahar, Mr.Udhayachandran, Mr.Kamaraj whom i have visited and discussed various needs of Madurai but unfortunately the efforts could not bring any tangible results because of their potential transfers. Same goes here too. Only the Industries & Corporates gonna b there.

I have my good opinion & high regards for his simplicity & attention towards poor community. Then collector cannot perform his duties with one point agenda.

If you want to offend my position / opinion we will never reach the point and argument grows. I dont want to continue the discussion and create unnecessary hot debate.

I have fair view of what is happening on daily basis in MC & Collector offices and their FB updates. (He addresses Street light issues,Parking, Road Potholes, Application status,Dengue Monitoring, Robbery etc)

But tell me when you have become very Govt friendly ?!
 #7448  by Madurai Gilli
 October 30th, 2012, 12:05 pm
^^ Vijay, I am not arguing with you but wish to say, Please dont expect our administrators to encourage realtors, breaking the rules..Parking space/Emergency exit is must for every commercial buildings and We're already facing a big problem now in temple circle and core-city due to this. Why can't we initiate the new trend among our realtors, making the basic amenities as mandatory ? Let us stop this discussion here.
 #7449  by VijayyMdu
 October 30th, 2012, 12:17 pm
Madurai Gilli wrote:^^ Vijay, I am not arguing with you but wish to say, Please dont expect our administrators to encourage realtors, breaking the rules..Parking space/Emergency exit is must for every commercial buildings and We're already facing a big problem now in temple circle and core-city due to this. Why can't we initiate the new trend among our realtors, making the basic amenities as mandatory ? Let us stop this discussion here.
Thats wot i was asking what they were doing during Project Approval ??? They only came to know only when INOX needs approval ??
 #7457  by Madurai Gilli
 October 30th, 2012, 5:22 pm
^^ That's what true..Vishaal mall & Milanem mall construction started way back in 2009/10..But Sahayam/Ansul are the recent Collectors appointed during the period of TN assembly elections. How can we blame them for approving their building plan ? It's LPA totally to be blamed.

Sundar sir, that's what the Collector had suggested TN Govt..He requested TAMIN to take over the encroached part of the Quarries but as we know, It's all Cheap & Ugly Ego Politics b/w Dravida parties..Collectors cannot move beyond a certain limit.