• Madurai Hotels

• All About Madurai's Parks, Theme Parks, Multiplexes, Game Zones, Hotels, Tourism etc.,
All About Madurai's Parks, Theme Parks, Multiplexes, Game Zones, Hotels, Tourism etc.,
 #8927  by Sundar
 March 9th, 2013, 11:40 am
^^ Yes MK, its huge project. I tried to contact them via emai but couldn't get any response. Accor is one of my favorite hotel chain. I used their service many times in Hyderabad, KUL & SIN. I am very happy if they really thinking to come Madurai. Lets see.
 #9331  by Sundar
 April 27th, 2013, 12:48 pm
The city corporation has decided to lease out the maintenance and operation of Rani Mangammal Chathram which the civic body had renovated recently at a cost of Rs 90 lakh. The resolution pertaining to the decision was passed in a recent council meeting even though some councillors objected to the move, while insisting that the corporation itself operate it rather than hand over the inn to private parties.

According to the resolution, the private party taking the chathram (choultry) for lease should manage both capital expenditure like those incurred on infrastructure and recurring expenditure on office maintenance, sanitation and administrative works. The lessee also should pay taxes and bills. The annual lease amount payable to corporation is fixed as Rs 20 lakh and tenders were called in for the auction of the chathram where the daily rent of Rs 800 and Rs 1,200 is set for the 15 X 10 feet and 20 X 15 feet rooms, respectively.

When the resolution was placed for discussion, councillor M Chellam demanded that the building should be maintained by the corporation as it can generate valuable revenue and the structure was historically significant. However, mayor V V Rajan Chellappa expressed difficulty in doing so because of administrative and financial reasons. "There will be a corporation engineer to supervise the operations and we can't run the chathram at present," mayor told the council. The resolution for letting out the inn was passed, even though a few AIADMK councillors were in favour of running it.

Rani Mangammal Chathram, a 17{+t}{+h} century building, is one of the few remaining edifices belonging to Madurai's royal past. Though it remained closed for the past five years, it was open for public use in February after giving a facelift. The refurbished chathram has 24 rooms spread on the two floors out of which 18 rooms are to be air conditioned. It was built by Queen Rani Mangammal for devotees and royal visitors visiting Meenakshi Temple during her reign in Madurai between 1689 and 1704. The chathram was closed five years ago after a clash in the building.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 747959.cms
 #9473  by Madurai Gilli
 May 30th, 2013, 8:37 pm
Noodle King - 2nd Outlet & Restaurant opened in Bypass road Madurai :

மதுரையின் வர்ணம் ஆர்ட் காலெரி http://varnamcreatives.com/index.html நூடுல் கிங் என்னும் புதிய ரெஸ்டாரெண்ட் ஒன்றின் உள்புறத்தை ரசனையுடன் வடிவமைத்திருந்த படங்களை நண்பர் அனுப்பியிருந்தார். பெங்களூர், கோவை போன்ற நகரங்களின் ஹோட்டல்கள் போல மதுரை ஹோட்டல்களும் இண்டீரீயர் டிசைனில் கவனம் செலுத்த ஆரம்பித்திருக்கிறார்கள் போலிருக்கிறது. இந்த ஹோட்டல் பைபாஸ் ரோட்டில் கேஃ எஃப் சிக்கும் பஜாஜ் ஆட்டோவுக்கு நடுவே வானமாமலை நகர் நுழைவில் அமைந்துள்ளது.

#9475  by madurai_thalapathy
 May 30th, 2013, 9:06 pm
Me too noticed anjappar 2nd outlet 2 weeks back and forgot to post in forum.

Also Meenakshi mission hospital research centre is being constructed(big building) in Kottakudi village .
Its there in between of melur to thiruvadhavoor road..

i noticed this construction when i went for my temple(near to kottakudi village)
 #9477  by madurakarenda
 May 30th, 2013, 10:02 pm
^^ Not sure why they are taking two close locations.

Is the first Anjappar functional now?

I think they are relocating to a new place.
 #9479  by madurai_thalapathy
 May 30th, 2013, 10:21 pm
^^ ^^ gilli: You can not see that construction building on the stretch of melur to thiruvathavoor main road. it is there 2km inside from this stretch of main road. exactly from aundipatti vilakku bus stop(that is situated after 4km from thiruvathavoor siva temple towards melur) you have to go inside(there is a single road) 2 km to reach that research centre
maduraiguy liked this
 #9574  by madurakarenda
 June 23rd, 2013, 12:15 pm
2nd Anjappar Restaurant opens today opposite to District Court.

Source : Dinakaran.
 #9576  by Madurai Gilli
 June 23rd, 2013, 9:12 pm
With City already having enough number of 5 star resorts, 4 star & 3 star category hotels, we can witness a silent revolution in 3 star category & budget hotels in Madurai..In every direction, Some hotel is under construction.\

1. Hotel MMR Gardens - G+8 Budget hotel today opened opposite to Madurai district court at KK nagar with City's 2nd Anjappar Family restaurant.

2. Hotel SPK - G+7 Budget hotel, recently inaugurated at Lake view road.

3. Hotel "The Nook" - Budget hotel under Construction at Mapalayam.

4. Hotel "M3-Boutique" - Budget hotel under Construction at Panagal road near GRH & Andhra Curry restaurant.

5. Hotel Sivabakya annex - Budget hotel, recently launched at Arapalayam.

6. A G+7 Bigger Construction going-on opposite to Mapillai vinayagar theater at Bypass road - said to be one of the grand 3-Star Category hotels.

7. A G+9 Bigger Construction going-on on the banks of Vaigai river adjacent to AV Bridge - said to be a 3-Star Category River-view hotel.

8. A G+4 Construction is nearing completion stage at Ring road opposite to MMHRC buildings - Said to be Hotel Poppys - a 3-Star Category hotel.

9. Hotel "V-Grande" at road connecting MIBT & Pudur (Surveyor Colony) recently launched.

10. Bell Hotels is said to be planning a 4-star Category hotel near Madurai airport.

Thanks to my friends Thamarai Selvan, Nilesh Antony & Selvam Ramasamy.
 #9612  by madurakarenda
 July 2nd, 2013, 11:48 am
Following the tremendous turnover of Madurai KFC (According to reliable sources, they exceeded the daily target every day),

Recruitment is happening for the second KFC restaurant it seems :thumbup:

Got the information that its going to be a new restaurant from the firm that is executing recruitment.

Eager to know the location.