• Madurai - RTI Repository

• All About Madurai's Government Projects , IT Parks and Companies, Industries etc.,
All About Madurai's Government Projects , IT Parks and Companies, Industries etc.,
 #11387  by ilikemadurai
 May 18th, 2014, 1:08 pm
I would like to start this thread to upload replies on RTI received with regard to development of Madurai. RTI is a powerful tool to keep a check on the functioning of bureaucracy. This thread would encourage others users to file RTI for the welfare of Madurai.

Many a time we dont find enough time in our busy day to day life to follow up on the half-baked responses. As a team we can make this task less herculean and more interesting :)

The site Your Adhikar offers online RTI filing system that can even be used by non-resident Indians.
I would encourage our members to file RTI to check the ills of our bureaucracy.

The forum RTI India helps new users file RTI.
Last edited by ilikemadurai on June 8th, 2014, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #11393  by ilikemadurai
 May 20th, 2014, 6:53 pm
Please provide the following information under RTI Act, 2005.

1) Please provide certified photocopies of the full report of the Marketing and Planning Section that found no traffic potential to operate commercially viable flights from Madurai to Singapore and Malaysia.

Ref: Public Grievance MOCAV/E/2013/00184 lodged on PGPORTAL and subsequent email reply received on 07/05/2013.

Note:

a) In case, the requested information is held by another public authority, I request the CPIO to transfer the application or part of it within FIVE days and immediately inform me about such transfer.

b) In case, there are further fee required to provide the requested information, I request the CPIO to inform me of the additional fee amount along with the calculations made to arrive at the amount.

c) In case of rejection of my application, I kindly request you to provide the reason for such rejection and not just quote a section of RTI. Also, I request you to provide the details of Appellate authority.

d) Please inform me of the Name, Designation and Office address of the First Appellate Authority. Also, please inform me of the details of fees to be paid for First Appeal.

#11394  by ilikemadurai
 May 20th, 2014, 7:09 pm
1. Copy of the Document showing the proposed Master Plan of Madurai Airport, with extended runway and 3 terminals including one for international Cargo.

The above clause 8(1) deals with the security of the country and I wonder how a proposed Master plan concerns the security of the country!!!
Last edited by ilikemadurai on May 20th, 2014, 7:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 #11395  by ilikemadurai
 May 20th, 2014, 7:10 pm
Please provide the following details for all the works awarded during the period 2009 to present this whole constituency out of the MP Constituency Development Fund:

a. Name of work
b. Brief Description of work
c. Amount sanctioned
d. Date of sanction
e. Status of completion
f. Name of agency
g.Date of start
h. Date of completion
i. Rate at which work awarded
j. Amount paid
k.Copy of sketch
l. How was the decision taken to carry out this work?

2.How much money was allotted during the current year and how much has been carried over from previous years?

3.Out of the above, projects worth how much money have already been sanctioned?

4. How many projects worth how much money are awaiting sanction?

5. Please inform me the Name, Office Address, Office telephone number and Mobile Number of the Higher Officer to whom a First appeal will lie under Sec 19(1) of the RTI act 2005.

Last edited by ilikemadurai on May 21st, 2014, 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #11396  by ilikemadurai
 May 20th, 2014, 7:57 pm
This has reference to report in newspapers that old nameboards with incorrect ward no.s had been placed in Madurai.

Please provide the following information in accordance with RTI Act, 2005.

1. Total Amount allocated for placing of new name boards in roads and streets of Madurai City.
2. Actual amount spent so far
3.Name of the agency/contractor to which the task of placing new nameboards were provided
4. What action has been initiated against the contractor/agency
5. List of wards and streets in which incorrect and old nameboards were placed.
6. Actual cost of placing new name boards in the above list
7. Name and Designation of Officers responsible for the supervision of placing name boards in Madurai City.
8. Name and Designation of Officers to whom the above officers report to.
9. What action (if any) has been initiated against corrupt officers.

Last edited by ilikemadurai on May 22nd, 2014, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #11401  by ilikemadurai
 May 22nd, 2014, 2:55 pm
Please provide the following information under RTI act, 2005 with regard to Madurai District
1. List of Hotels and Industries that directly let sewage and industrial/domestic waste and pollute Vaigai River.
2. List of enroachments alongside Vaigai river in Madurai City.
3. When was the banks of River Vaigai last de-silted.
4. Is all the 40 sluices in the district free from enroachments and waterways in proper condition.
5.When was the maintainence work in the Channels in Madurai District last done.
6. When was the Vandiyur lake last de-silted and estimated cost to de-silt the lake at present.

#11402  by ilikemadurai
 May 22nd, 2014, 3:33 pm
1. Please provide the Name and Party of MLA from the following Constituencies.
a. Madurai Central
b. Madurai East
c. Madurai South
d. Madurai North
e. Madurai West
2. Please provide the following details for all the works awarded during the period 2011 to present to for all the above 5 consitituencies out of the MLA Constituency Development Fund:
a. Name of work
b. Brief Description of work
c. Amount sanctioned
d. Date of sanction
e. Status of completion
f. Name of agency
g.Date of start
h. Date of completion
i. Rate at which work awarded
j. Amount paid
k.Copy of sketch
l. How was the decision taken to carry out this work?
2.How much money was allotted during the current year and how much has been carried over from previous years?
3.Out of the above, projects worth how much money have already been sanctioned?
4. How many projects worth how much money are awaiting sanction?
5. Please inform me the Name, Office Address, Office telephone number and Mobile Number of the Higher Officer to whom a First appeal will lie under Sec 19(1) of the RTI act 2005.

I am surprised to find that Madurai West MLA has not sought any fund for constituency development for 2 years of his tenure.

The PIO deserves praise for sending a 35-page report of works undertaken by the MLAs in the RTI. When most PIOs/CPIOs conceal information and provide wrong information, this action of the PIO instills confidence that there are some true workers in Indian bureaucracy.
You can view the full reply here
https://youradhikar.s3.amazonaws.com/Yo ... _reply.pdf
 #11518  by ananth
 July 4th, 2014, 1:46 pm
I thank likemadurai for his tireless hardwork.

If possible, he should send RTI and get answer for the following questions

1 - Current status of runway expansion work
2 - Current status of World Tamil Academy (eventhough it is not a great project let us know what these so called politicians have done for Madurai)
3 - Current status of JJ's Tamil Thai project ( Same like previous one but then let us get to know what they did)
4 - Current status of balance ring road project (if I am not wrong connecting samayanallur with utthangudi is the only portion left)
5 - Late MGR announced setting up of Dental college in Madurai. Current status?
6 - Current status of shopping complex constructed near Madurai Railway Junction?
7 - Current status of Madurai-Tuticorin industrial corridor
8 - Current status of setting up of Cold storage complex to store vegetables, fruits, flowers etc
9 - Current status of Air cargo complex?
10 - Current status of construction of car parking at old central market
11 - current status of construction of shopping compex at old kundrathur chatram and shifting pudhu mandapam shops to that place

Thx and regards
 #13368  by balasakthivel17
 May 1st, 2017, 12:02 pm
ananth wrote:
July 4th, 2014, 1:46 pm
I thank likemadurai for his tireless hardwork.

If possible, he should send RTI and get answer for the following questions

1 - Current status of runway expansion work
2 - Current status of World Tamil Academy (eventhough it is not a great project let us know what these so called politicians have done for Madurai)
3 - Current status of JJ's Tamil Thai project ( Same like previous one but then let us get to know what they did)
4 - Current status of balance ring road project (if I am not wrong connecting samayanallur with utthangudi is the only portion left)
5 - Late MGR announced setting up of Dental college in Madurai. Current status?
6 - Current status of shopping complex constructed near Madurai Railway Junction?
7 - Current status of Madurai-Tuticorin industrial corridor
8 - Current status of setting up of Cold storage complex to store vegetables, fruits, flowers etc
9 - Current status of Air cargo complex?
10 - Current status of construction of car parking at old central market
11 - current status of construction of shopping compex at old kundrathur chatram and shifting pudhu mandapam shops to that place

Thx and regards
I need the support of such a knowledgeable person like u for my fb page "Emerging Madurai" . Thank you