• Madurai Industries

  • All About Madurai's Government Projects , IT Parks and Companies, Industries etc.,
All About Madurai's Government Projects , IT Parks and Companies, Industries etc.,
 #11103  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 February 25th, 2014, 10:37 am
Today there appeared an Notice Inviting Tender , in "Dinamani Newspaper" calling for a consultant for preparation of feasibility studies, for setting up of a TICEL-Bio-Technology Park at Coimbatore. There are already two Biotechnology parks at Chennai, Taramani, under TICEL and this third one is planned at the already industrially teeming and developed Coimbatore. It may be noted that there exists the "School of Bio-Technology " in Madurai Kamaraj University , which has been declared as a "Centre of Excellence", by the UGC/ MHRD, Govt.of India. In spite of this advantage , both the SG and CG, have not at all done anything to start Bio-Tech industrial parks, research institutes and Bio-Tech based Pharmaceutical industries at MADURAI, where there is ample scope for growth and job oppurtunities for the people of this region. Whenever and whatever concerning the industrial investment / growth / oppurtunities , the state and central Goverments , consider only Chennai, if not Coimbatore/ Pondicherry / Hosur and never think of our "MADURAI". Long back, even from the era of Kamarajar Madurai has been subject to discrimination , neglect and a careless attitude , lest we would have had huge industries like the Centrally owned / public sector ICF, BHEL, HVF, MFL etc , which would have been vehicles of growth at Madurai. It is an undeniable truth that Whatever little growth Madurai has achieved is due to sole efforts of the indivijuals, without any state support. It is time we urge the Governments to make / enable rightful industrial investment in MADURAI, which has persistently been denied the industrial investments. Instead of being suppliers of manpower to enrich the Metros of Chennai , Bangalore , we can achieve a lot , by means of purposeful industrial ventures, by unleashing the entrepreneurial spirit and through sheer hard work.let us first create an awareness amongst our family, relatives , friends about the denied growth to Madurai and struggle hard to achieve our goals.
 #11108  by ananth
 February 25th, 2014, 12:57 pm
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:Today there appeared an Notice Inviting Tender , in "Dinamani Newspaper" calling for a consultant for preparation of feasibility studies, for setting up of a TICEL-Bio-Technology Park at Coimbatore. There are already two Biotechnology parks at Chennai, Taramani, under TICEL and this third one is planned at the already industrially teeming and developed Coimbatore. It may be noted that there exists the "School of Bio-Technology " in Madurai Kamaraj University , which has been declared as a "Centre of Excellence", by the UGC/ MHRD, Govt.of India. In spite of this advantage , both the SG and CG, have not at all done anything to start Bio-Tech industrial parks, research institutes and Bio-Tech based Pharmaceutical industries at MADURAI, where there is ample scope for growth and job oppurtunities for the people of this region. Whenever and whatever concerning the industrial investment / growth / oppurtunities , the state and central Goverments , consider only Chennai, if not Coimbatore/ Pondicherry / Hosur and never think of our "MADURAI". Long back, even from the era of Kamarajar Madurai has been subject to discrimination , neglect and a careless attitude , lest we would have had huge industries like the Centrally owned / public sector ICF, BHEL, HVF, MFL etc , which would have been vehicles of growth at Madurai. It is an undeniable truth that Whatever little growth Madurai has achieved is due to sole efforts of the indivijuals, without any state support. It is time we urge the Governments to make / enable rightful industrial investment in MADURAI, which has persistently been denied the industrial investments. Instead of being suppliers of manpower to enrich the Metros of Chennai , Bangalore , we can achieve a lot , by means of purposeful industrial ventures, by unleashing the entrepreneurial spirit and through sheer hard work.let us first create an awareness amongst our family, relatives , friends about the denied growth to Madurai and struggle hard to achieve our goals.
Dear Friend,

Discrimination against Madurai is not news. This is happening for the past so many decades. Madurai is the only city having a population of 12+ lacs, with a history of thousands of years and so on but deprived of a single state or central govt industries or high level educational institution. When Madras is flooded with more than 9 Universities, Coimbatore with Bharatiyar & Agriculture universities, trichy with bharatidasan, REC, IIIFT, IIM etc but Madurai inspite of being the 2nd biggest city didn't have anything except MKU.

Even the AIIMS type hospital project is not moving. JJ announced maternity hospital, cancer hospital and so on. Nothing has moved even an inch. Runway expansion of Madurai airport is in limbo. JJ announced with much fanfare, installation of Tamil Thai statue etc etc., Nothing moved in that. MGR announced full 30 years back establishment of World Tamil Sangam. yet to materialize. These are just few examples only.

Both central and state govt's are treating Madurai very badly by not doing anything. I always stress in other websites also one point. Unless and otherwise south TN becomes a separate state, no development will be possible. Take my words. This is the only solution. People may not like and may get upset with this. But then let them also tell me, what have we got or achieved by being in TN state (before in Madras Presidency) for over 100 years?
M.Mohamed Rafi liked this
 #11110  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 February 25th, 2014, 3:16 pm
Dear Friend,
Thank you very much for sharing my views, and anguish, about our Madurai being persistently denied and ignored in all spheres of development. We are skipped and rejected at every instance of industrial growth and oppurtunities. As you have aptly underscored ,we(Maduraiites) cannot achieve any kind of growth and development , under the present dispensation and the only way out is to secede from Tamilnadu, which is not only reasonable but also inevitable. Contemporary Politicians of all hues are interested only in petty personal gains and their venality is a known fact. so instead of lamenting now and forever, craving for attention , from Chennai, we should simply demand for the "South Tamilnadu" statehood and achieve it. One more instance of neglect , i wish to mention here is "Aundipatti" constituency-from where our from where our former and current chief Ministers have won, is still backward , under/ undeveloped . On the other hand just see the trajectory of "Srirangam" , clearly a jackpot winner , with umpteen projects and rapid development , adored on all fronts.so its all about having the "Right connections" to right persons to achieve the means. Even in the ongoing exercise of Digitalisation of Cable Television broadcasts, undertaken by the Minisry of Telecom & IT , excepting Chennai and Coimbatore , Madurai has not been included, amid a score of other cities.T.V viewers might have watched this publicity , which appears frequently in all channels. Have we Madurai fallen behind even the tiny Meerut and Agra ... What a carelessness despite Madurai having Doordarshan studio and transmission centre. It is really outrageous and dispiriting for a real Maduraiite. So let us break all the fetters shackling us , through hard work and perseverance , and chart the path of Development.
 #11158  by ananth
 March 4th, 2014, 10:20 am
Tamil, Malayali monopoly in papad trade


MADURAI: Papad manufacturing is an important small-scale industry in Madurai with an annual turnover of Rs 350 crore. Interestingly, the industry took roots here after 100-odd families from Kerala's Thrissur district started their enterprises around 1950 or a little earlier. Later, their business spread across Tamil Nadu. Currently, the papad industry across the state is almost equally owned by both Keralites and Tamils. They even export their branded products.

Vijish C G of Anitha Appalam narrated the origins of the industry here. "A community called 'Appala Chetti' in Thrissur region were known for making papads. The Thrissur families, who pioneered papad industry here, had learnt the nuances of papad making while working with the Appala Chettis. Making Madurai as their base, the entrepreneurs later spread across the country," Vijish said.

"We don't know if Appala Chetti community exists in Thrissur at present, but the industry has grown by leaps and bounds especially after coming to Tamil Nadu. Unlike in Kerala, Tamil Nadu has better scope for the success of cottage industries," he said.

Vijish stated that Kerala-made papads have a shelf life of only a week. However, the ones made here may last even for a year. "The climatic conditions, larger work force and market avenues enabled the industry to grow," he reasoned.

C J Antos of Jothi Appalam said their family started the business around 1960 with his father starting a unit in Madurai. "It is very difficult to ascertain when the industry came to Madurai but it took strong roots in Madurai from where it spread across the state and further," he noted.

Many papad manufacturers in Tamil Nadu are from Thrissur district and a few are from Malappuram district, he said. "Somehow, we are more inclined to Madurai and find it as our home, though we frequently visit our ancestral homes back in Kerala," Vijish said.

Pon Sethu of Madurai Meenakshi Appalam too acknowledged that the industry came to Madurai from Kerala. "At present, the number of Tamils and Malayalis in papad trade is equal. Our people learnt manufacturing from them in the initial days of the industry here and soon started their own units," he stated.

While the manufacturing units owned by Keralites are based in Jaihindpuram, the ones run by Tamils are spread around Sinthamani and Anupanadi region, Sethu said. "Most interesting factor is that papad-makers in Madurai are very innovative. Any new design takes its shape in Madurai and spreads to other parts. Ring papads, leaf papads, sovi papads, garlic papads and the unique design of printing wedding messages on papads were all innovated by Madurai papad manufacturers from both states," Vijish revealed.


http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 368419.cms

Enna cheiyya. Idhai ellam padichu thrupthi padanum. Edhu namma thalai vidhi.
 #11248  by Jayvjay
 March 19th, 2014, 2:49 pm
A well famed & among the top three world leaders of tractors manufacturer ,TAFE's Madurai plant is often being neglected out in many discussions/presentations. Madurai's district industries centre (DIC) still needs to time include TAFE plant in its website list of industries .. :bash:

Moreover, before 2 years back TAFE chairman had announced of capacity addition in Madurai plant at cost of 100 crores. Any update regarding this ?
 #11249  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 March 20th, 2014, 4:04 pm
What Madurai needs is immediate setting up of Heavy Engineering Industries like BHEL, HEC, HVF, ICF, Chemical Industries, Engineering /Automobile ancillaries, which would foster a multitude of medium, small and micro enterprises.No politician right from Peruntahlaivar Kamarajar had never thought or acted a little , to develop Madurai industrially, which was than the second biggest city in the state , after Madras .Guests(Madras, Hosur, Pondicherry) were treated with sumptuous feast while hosts were left to starve. Successive regimes of MGR and MK ,took our "Madurai" for granted and were competing among themselves to pull us down and ruin us on all fronts. It is indeed surprising that despite our Madurai region labourers / artisans' top skills and excellent executions, we were unable to transform Madurai as an flourishing industrial centre. Perhaps the successive Governments and People's representatives are the ones guilty of it, all. TAFE geographically is located in the Dindigul District , though the plant is known as TAFE-"Madurai Operations". So the impetus should be to start industries geographically falling under Madurai District. There is only gloom, disbelief and doom as far as JJ'S Government is concerned , regarding industrialisation of Madurai. Let us wait for the fate after this duplicitous exercise called Parliamentary elections.
 #11255  by ananth
 March 21st, 2014, 1:00 pm
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:What Madurai needs is immediate setting up of Heavy Engineering Industries like BHEL, HEC, HVF, ICF, Chemical Industries, Engineering /Automobile ancillaries, which would foster a multitude of medium, small and micro enterprises.No politician right from Peruntahlaivar Kamarajar had never thought or acted a little , to develop Madurai industrially, which was than the second biggest city in the state , after Madras .Guests(Madras, Hosur, Pondicherry) were treated with sumptuous feast while hosts were left to starve. Successive regimes of MGR and MK ,took our "Madurai" for granted and were competing among themselves to pull us down and ruin us on all fronts. It is indeed surprising that despite our Madurai region labourers / artisans' top skills and excellent executions, we were unable to transform Madurai as an flourishing industrial centre. Perhaps the successive Governments and People's representatives are the ones guilty of it, all. TAFE geographically is located in the Dindigul District , though the plant is known as TAFE-"Madurai Operations". So the impetus should be to start industries geographically falling under Madurai District. There is only gloom, disbelief and doom as far as JJ'S Government is concerned , regarding industrialisation of Madurai. Let us wait for the fate after this duplicitous exercise called Parliamentary elections.
Before Dindigul District was having backward area benefits. SO TAFE put up the plant just outside the Madurai district border.

Three decades back, within Madurai district melur area was given backward area benefit and so few TVS factories including Sri chakra tyres ( current name TYS tyres), TVS Du Pont (now it is wholly owned by Du Pont) etc came up in that area.

I think as long as the industries whether located in Dindigul or like Videocon indsutries located in manamadurai, helps Madurai's development either directly or indirectly, we should be happy. Because we never knew when the state govt will again bifurcate the district. May be today one factory comes up in tirumangalam/sivarakottai area and tomorrow for political gains, state govt forms one more district with capital at tirumangalam or some other place, what we will do? Technically the factory will be in the new district
 #11256  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 March 21st, 2014, 3:02 pm
Yes friend I do agree, but our ultimate aim is Madurai and the District outskirts should accrue the benefits, employ many improving the standard of life . But haven't you felt it odd to categorise Madurai District as " not backward" and place it in the league of industrially developed. I think the planners are missing the point as a whole, terribly.
 #11381  by ananth
 May 9th, 2014, 1:03 pm
Amway's Madurai manufacturing unit to operate from mid-2015

Amway India expects its Rs 600-crore manufacturing unit, being set up near Madurai, to become fully operational by mid-2015, a senior official of the company said.

Production activities at Amway's greenfield manufacturing facility at Nilakottai (Dindigul district) near Madurai in Tamil Nadu is likely to commence by this year-end and it would be fully operational by mid-2015, company Vice-President East of Amway India, Diptarag Bhattacharjee told reporters here.

The company would manufacture nutrition and beauty products predominantly at the said unit, he added.

Meanwhile, in 2013, Bhattacharjee said Amway India's turnover touched Rs 2,169 crore averaging 20 per cent Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) over a period of five years (2008-13).

He said Amway India aims to cross the Rs 5000-crore mark by the year 2020 and further claimed that the company's performance in Odisha, has posted 16 per cent growth in Odisha during 2013 (FY January '13 to December '13) as compared to the previous FY of Jan-Dec'12.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ind ... 838179.cms
 #11478  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 June 26th, 2014, 9:57 am
Can anyone give updates on any activity about the proposed suzlon wind energy generators manufacturing unit at Madurai. It has been more than 2 1/2 years and we haven't seen this unit opening up yet.
 #11746  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 September 3rd, 2014, 1:34 pm
At this rate and with the current SG and CG, the prospects for a all round industrial promotion/ growth , upgradation of urban infrastructure, development of manufacturing hubs for Light engineering, chemicals , automotive components , IT& ITES , Bio-technology, Pharmaceutical and petrochemical industries , augmentation of railway facilities and services , which are the most essential for the overall development of our Madurai, and for which it has been successively denied and deprived , seem to be very bleak. we are plainly shocked and dismayed at the discrimination , denials and deprivation meted out to Madurai and the district entitites, by the political leaders , bureaucracy and business leaders alike. i think a whole lot of blame is also upon us , where at every juncture , when our 'Madurai' was mis-depicted as being a violent, rustic ,uncultured, temple -centred, festival-sick, bull-taming and rogue-ridden mofussil town, we were mute spectators.perhaps , we have hogged on the old cultural, regional and linguistic heritage and flaunted it excessively ,while totally forgetting to live up to the past. one instance is instead of rejoicing to get the giant 'Tamil-Thai' statue and Tamil sangam, we should press for better city infrastructure and development. old glories do not feed a hungry population.Recently, one could have watched the announcement of thousands of crores of rupees allocated by the CM , for the Municipal corporations of Chennai, Kovai,( The former two as usual getting a lion's share) Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Dindigul, Kodaikanal and Karur, while virtually providing nothing to Madurai. Fact is though we are seething and outraged at this neglect and abject bias against our Madurai , we can do nothing but fuming and fretting. our voices are unheard. yesterday , the union Minister from Kanyakumari , audaciously proposes to extend all the trains meant for Madurai upto Kanyakumari . He can't even dare to think of taking away the same from Chennai, Kovai, Salem , Trichy or for that matter even Tirunelveli? never! Hapless fellows are the Maduraiites. it is time we raise our concerted efforts to either include us and give our fair share of development, or let us decide our fate , with Madurai being the state capital of the newest state of south Tamilanadu. otherwise we will certainly be deceived and deprived and there has been an alarming , steady, exodus of young working population to predominantly Chennai and Bangalore. as employment oppurtunities shrink, and livelihoods get destroyed , days are not far when Madurai 's demography will have only state and central Govt pensioners, petty shop keepers, menials and nothing worth to count on. when are we going to rise against this injustice?
 #11759  by ananth
 September 4th, 2014, 4:38 pm
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:Can anyone give updates on any activity about the proposed suzlon wind energy generators manufacturing unit at Madurai. It has been more than 2 1/2 years and we haven't seen this unit opening up yet.
suzlon energy is in huge financial problem. It will take sometime for them to come out of the mess they created. So I dont think thye will be starting any manufacturing unit which involves cash outflow. Infact they were trying to sell some of their assets to reduce the debt burden. So dont expect anything
 #11760  by ananth
 September 4th, 2014, 4:51 pm
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:At this rate and with the current SG and CG, the prospects for a all round industrial promotion/ growth , upgradation of urban infrastructure, development of manufacturing hubs for Light engineering, chemicals , automotive components , IT& ITES , Bio-technology, Pharmaceutical and petrochemical industries , augmentation of railway facilities and services , which are the most essential for the overall development of our Madurai, and for which it has been successively denied and deprived , seem to be very bleak. we are plainly shocked and dismayed at the discrimination , denials and deprivation meted out to Madurai and the district entitites, by the political leaders , bureaucracy and business leaders alike. i think a whole lot of blame is also upon us , where at every juncture , when our 'Madurai' was mis-depicted as being a violent, rustic ,uncultured, temple -centred, festival-sick, bull-taming and rogue-ridden mofussil town, we were mute spectators.perhaps , we have hogged on the old cultural, regional and linguistic heritage and flaunted it excessively ,while totally forgetting to live up to the past. one instance is instead of rejoicing to get the giant 'Tamil-Thai' statue and Tamil sangam, we should press for better city infrastructure and development. old glories do not feed a hungry population.Recently, one could have watched the announcement of thousands of crores of rupees allocated by the CM , for the Municipal corporations of Chennai, Kovai,( The former two as usual getting a lion's share) Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Dindigul, Kodaikanal and Karur, while virtually providing nothing to Madurai. Fact is though we are seething and outraged at this neglect and abject bias against our Madurai , we can do nothing but fuming and fretting. our voices are unheard. yesterday , the union Minister from Kanyakumari , audaciously proposes to extend all the trains meant for Madurai upto Kanyakumari . He can't even dare to think of taking away the same from Chennai, Kovai, Salem , Trichy or for that matter even Tirunelveli? never! Hapless fellows are the Maduraiites. it is time we raise our concerted efforts to either include us and give our fair share of development, or let us decide our fate , with Madurai being the state capital of the newest state of south Tamilanadu. otherwise we will certainly be deceived and deprived and there has been an alarming , steady, exodus of young working population to predominantly Chennai and Bangalore. as employment oppurtunities shrink, and livelihoods get destroyed , days are not far when Madurai 's demography will have only state and central Govt pensioners, petty shop keepers, menials and nothing worth to count on. when are we going to rise against this injustice?

We shouldnt expect anything neither from state govt nor from central govt.

Can you show any one higher level educational institution in madurai which was set up by govt for the past 35 years. The answer is big no. During MGR time, he promised Dental college. Even that has not come. During the same 35 years, TN has set up bharatiar univ at coimbatore, bharatidasan at trichy, more than 6 universities at madras alone plus many medical colleges etc etc.. Also law school college at trichy. For its part as per State govt recommendation, CG put up IIM, IIIT etc at trichy and central university in a village in tanjore.

MKA convinced his father and previous govt agreed to set up anna technical university at madurai and current govt dropped the whole plan by merging the anna universities with madras one. JJ did this becasue it was initiated by her enemy party.

Can you show one big industry from state govt or central govt in madurai till date? The answer is no. They never cared for madurai or surrounding areas. Whatever we have be it Madura Coats, Fenner or TVS group factories are all from private sector. CG / SG cheated us.

Madurai was one of the last place to get BG in TN eventhough many other places got BG track much before us.

Same way, madurai airport is one of the least developed airport in TN eventhough madurai receives 2nd highest no of tourists/pilgrims after Madras in TN.

During MKA time they discussed about setting up of a light and sound show in meenakshi temple or in pudhu mandapam. Since the proposal was from DMK side, JJ dumped the same.

I am watching and witnessing what is going on as far as madurai and the development issues are concerned for the past 35 years. I am very much convinced that unless and otherwise south TN become a separate state, there wont be any development. When I say this, people laugh at me and cricise me. It doesnt matter. If a separate state will lead to development of our beloved place why not?
Last edited by ananth on September 4th, 2014, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #11761  by jagadeesh
 September 4th, 2014, 6:49 pm
ananth wrote:
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:At this rate and with the current SG and CG, the prospects for a all round industrial promotion/ growth , upgradation of urban infrastructure, development of manufacturing hubs for Light engineering, chemicals , automotive components , IT& ITES , Bio-technology, Pharmaceutical and petrochemical industries , augmentation of railway facilities and services , which are the most essential for the overall development of our Madurai, and for which it has been successively denied and deprived , seem to be very bleak. we are plainly shocked and dismayed at the discrimination , denials and deprivation meted out to Madurai and the district entitites, by the political leaders , bureaucracy and business leaders alike. i think a whole lot of blame is also upon us , where at every juncture , when our 'Madurai' was mis-depicted as being a violent, rustic ,uncultured, temple -centred, festival-sick, bull-taming and rogue-ridden mofussil town, we were mute spectators.perhaps , we have hogged on the old cultural, regional and linguistic heritage and flaunted it excessively ,while totally forgetting to live up to the past. one instance is instead of rejoicing to get the giant 'Tamil-Thai' statue and Tamil sangam, we should press for better city infrastructure and development. old glories do not feed a hungry population.Recently, one could have watched the announcement of thousands of crores of rupees allocated by the CM , for the Municipal corporations of Chennai, Kovai,( The former two as usual getting a lion's share) Tirunelveli, Tuticorin, Dindigul, Kodaikanal and Karur, while virtually providing nothing to Madurai. Fact is though we are seething and outraged at this neglect and abject bias against our Madurai , we can do nothing but fuming and fretting. our voices are unheard. yesterday , the union Minister from Kanyakumari , audaciously proposes to extend all the trains meant for Madurai upto Kanyakumari . He can't even dare to think of taking away the same from Chennai, Kovai, Salem , Trichy or for that matter even Tirunelveli? never! Hapless fellows are the Maduraiites. it is time we raise our concerted efforts to either include us and give our fair share of development, or let us decide our fate , with Madurai being the state capital of the newest state of south Tamilanadu. otherwise we will certainly be deceived and deprived and there has been an alarming , steady, exodus of young working population to predominantly Chennai and Bangalore. as employment oppurtunities shrink, and livelihoods get destroyed , days are not far when Madurai 's demography will have only state and central Govt pensioners, petty shop keepers, menials and nothing worth to count on. when are we going to rise against this injustice?

We shouldnt expect anything neither from state govt nor from central govt.

Can you show any one higher level educational institution in madurai which was set up by govt for the past 5 years. The answer is big no. During MGR time, he promised Dental college. Even that has not come. During the same 35 years, TN has set up bharatiar univ at coimbatore, bharatidasan at trichy, more than 6 universities at madras alone plus many medical colleges etc etc.. Also law school college at trichy. For its part as per State govt recommendation, CG put up IIM, IIIT etc at trichy and central university in a village in tanjore.

MKA convinced his father and previous govt agreed to set up anna technical university at madurai and current govt dropped the whole plan by merging the anna universities with madras one. JJ did this becasue it was initiated by her enemy party.

Can you show one big industry from state govt or central govt in madurai till date? The answer is no. They never cared for madurai or surrounding areas. Whatever we have be it Madura Coats, Fenner or TVS group factories are all from private sector. CG / SG cheated us.

Madurai was one of the last place to get BG in TN eventhough many other places got BG track much before us.

Same way, madurai airport is one of the least developed airport in TN eventhough madurai receives 2nd highest no of tourists/pilgrims after Madras in TN.

During MKA time they discussed about setting up of a light and sound show in meenakshi temple or in pudhu mandapam. Since the proposal was from DMK side, JJ dumped the same.

I am watching and witnessing what is going on as far as madurai and the development issues are concerned for the past 35 years. I am very much convinced that unless and otherwise south TN become a separate state, there wont be any development. When I say this, people laugh at me and cricise me. It doesnt matter. If a separate state will lead to development of our beloved place why not?
i support you sir we should have our own state government to take care of our needs :thumbup: :thumbup:
M.Mohamed Rafi liked this
 #11762  by ananth
 September 4th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Residuary Andhra Pradesh expects an expenditure of close to 5 lac crores over a period of next 10 years for a new capital. Even if the above amoutn is too much, take only 10% of the same. That itself works out to 50,000 crores. So much money will be spent on infrastructure including roads, office buildings, hospitals etc etc. Had AP been one, the govt wouldnt be spending even 10,000 crores for vijayawada area r whichever area going to have capital. This is one advantage of state split.

Central govt promised to set up in each state one IIT, IIM & AIIMS type hospital. Had AP been one, they would have got one each of the above. now they will get two each. Same population but two each. Who is going to be benefited. Ofcourse people.

Since Hyderabad international airport has gone to telengana, I am sure central govt will expand Vizag, Tirupati airports and approve one new international airport for the new state capital. This is next advantage of state split. Also new capital would definitely have direct air connection to New Delhi and few other metros. This is possible due to split of AP else Vijayawada wont get direct flight service to New Delhi, Bombay etc

South Central Railway HQ is at hyderabad which is now part of telengana. So in the coming years, i expect a new railway zone with HQtrs at Waltair ( Vizag ) or at vijayawada will come up. New state capital will have direct trains to various metros which wouldnt have happened had AP remained one.

RBI & NABARD have one office each in every state. Now they will have to open an office in the residual AP. Apart from the above, LIC, GIC etc will set up their regional office for the new state. All the above are going to generate employment directly as well as indirectly.

All the above shows that split is going to help the people in one way or other. So why not TN be split and south TN become a separate state with madurai as capital?
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11