An exclusive forum to discuss about Madurai City...

• Shopping & Shopping Malls in Madurai

• All About Madurai's shopping malls, textile showrooms, furniture marts etc.,
All About Madurai's shopping malls, textile showrooms, furniture marts etc.,
 #10817  by ran_mdu
 January 1st, 2014, 4:49 pm
RELIANCE DIGITAL 2ND SHOW ROOM IS COMMING IN EAST VELI STREET OPP.TO LALA BAKERY (1 ST SHOW ROOM IS IN VISHAL MALL) .JUST NOW CONFIRMED WITH THE SECURITY
 #10818  by madurakarenda
 January 1st, 2014, 8:12 pm
^^ I don't see their showroom in Vishaal de doing good business.

Their pricing is a bit higher than what we find in other retailers.
 #10908  by arun_mdu
 January 16th, 2014, 7:27 pm
smaart home is opening their third outlet in bypass road (opp. to kfc).the showroom is to be opened by neeya nanna gopinath.
 #10909  by ran_mdu
 January 16th, 2014, 7:56 pm
madurakarenda wrote:^^ I don't see their showroom in Vishaal de doing good business.

Their pricing is a bit higher than what we find in other retailers.

MAY BE THEY MIGHT SHIFT THE SHOW ROOM TO EAST VELI?
 #11165  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 March 5th, 2014, 11:54 am
Would any city bigwig think of constructing a good cricket stadium at our Madurai, because even the non-descript Ranchi and all are having one. we have all the land, resources for it , but what is lacking is interest and drive. Recently a cricket Turf was opened in the NPR campus at Natham, a practice ground too was opened at Theni. can we hope to have it at least in the years to come.
 #11167  by M.Mohamed Rafi
 March 5th, 2014, 3:48 pm
By the way , any idea about , what holds back the "Chennai Silks ", shying away from opening up their Textile showroom here at Madurai. Whereas their group concern sree Kumaran Thanga Maaligai got an overwhelming response here ,it is a bit odd they do not have the Textile mega store here . wish they have one here too , compete with others and flourish with their share of business too.
 #11169  by madurakarenda
 March 5th, 2014, 5:14 pm
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:By the way , any idea about , what holds back the "Chennai Silks ", shying away from opening up their Textile showroom here at Madurai. Whereas their group concern sree Kumaran Thanga Maaligai got an overwhelming response here ,it is a bit odd they do not have the Textile mega store here . wish they have one here too , compete with others and flourish with their share of business too.
It could be a part of their business strategy.

The Chennai silks showrooms @ Covai are not very vibrant as we find them in Chennai and Trichy, they have their own reasons.

But, Madurai is a big market for apparel, jewellery and electronics retailing.

We have seen so many new jewellery showrooms, apparel stores and big hypermarkets opening still the small showrooms also are running well, that is the beauty of Madurai market.

Overall, E-Commerce is seeing massive growth when compared to its traditional counterparts.

I could see more and more people buying from EBay, Flipkart, Jabong, Myntra, etc. at the convenience of their home.
 #11173  by Jayvjay
 March 5th, 2014, 6:17 pm
M.Mohamed Rafi wrote:Would any city bigwig think of constructing a good cricket stadium at our Madurai, because even the non-descript Ranchi and all are having one. we have all the land, resources for it , but what is lacking is interest and drive. Recently a cricket Turf was opened in the NPR campus at Natham, a practice ground too was opened at Theni. can we hope to have it at least in the years to come.
Though cricket stadium will add majestic value to Madurai , a multi-purpose indoor stadium with world-class infra will be a game changer for us . Indoor games are plenty so that we can have the stadium busy for most of the times .Will add a different colour to our city . Also it will help our south TN young athletics to shine in national/international sports meet.

If we propose any project which is present(peculiar) only in chennai ,the treatment to be met is a well-known to our Maduraittees . Our MGR Race Course stadium is longing refurbishment for decades .

Like this , we have plenty of dreams .Hope we will get within 2020 ... ;)
 #11217  by madurakarenda
 March 11th, 2014, 12:24 pm
The one open in Anna nagar is Reliance Express. Is the one opening up in East Veli a Reliance Digital store?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
 #11231  by arun_mdu
 March 13th, 2014, 11:47 am
the one open in anna nagar is relaince digital express
is McDONALDS coming to mdu?(u have mentioned in previous posts)
 #11233  by madurakarenda
 March 14th, 2014, 6:52 am
^^ I am not sure if McD is coming to Madurai though their prospects at Madurai look really good.

Let's wait to watch.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk